I am thrilled to share some things with you, as you embark on your health journey towards a healthier, stronger, and more confident you. The decision to prioritize your health is a testament to your courage and commitment to honoring the temple that God has blessed you with. I know it's intimidating for us shy girls to start a new thing, but I GOT YOU!!!
I want to assure you that our community is encouraging and educational, built on love, support, and learning. It is a safe space where you can grow in both your physical and emotional strength.
Aside from the juice you need, you really don't "need" anything else but I do have some recommendations I have found to be helpful in my health journey so far.
Practical Items for Your Exercise Program:
- Comfortable Workout Attire for "The Girls": While you don't need a new cute outfit...I would Invest in comfortable workout clothing that allows you to move freely without bouncing all over the place. There are plenty of options that cater to both style and functionality. As silly as that sounds, a good sports bra and compression leggings and/or socks make it feel better on your body when you start moving around. You don't need expensive one, just not your $5 ones. trust me, you'll move more if you're feeling held!
- Quality Athletic Shoes: A good pair of athletic shoes is helpful for any workout program. Ensure they provide proper support and cushioning to keep you comfortable during various exercises. Shoes do wear out and they all fit different. As you move more, you'll want to pay attention to your shoes and make sure they are giving you the right support, otherwise you will find your shins and hips ache. Arche support is important too. I have high arches so I can't shop online for cute designs. I need to try them on.
- Mat and Resistance Bands: A non-slip exercise mat will provide a comfortable surface for floor exercises, and resistance bands are versatile tools to enhance your strength training routine, plus they don't take up a lot of space and are great to take on the go. And if you drop one, it won't break your toes or tile! In the beginning, I simply took my blanket outside and did all the things to stretch, without my shoes on and get some grounding time in.
- Water Bottle: Staying hydrated is crucial for overall well-being. Keep a water bottle with you during workouts to maintain optimal hydration levels. You'll be drinking a lot and there are tons of sizes out there but alongside the Gallon Jug with time markings on it for using at home, I love this one from Amazon for on the go! My ice stays cold so I can keep refilling it and not worry about the ice! I have started adding salt / electrolytes to mine and while there are many products you can add, my teens and I use these little packets from Amazon.
- Fitness Journal: Document your progress, thoughts, and prayers in a dedicated fitness journal. This will not only help you track your physical achievements but also serve as a reflective space for your spiritual growth. I take pictures of myself, for my eyes only, once a month now, plus measurements every 3 months in chest, arms, ribs, waist, hip, thigh. I noted the scale weight but now that I have come close to my goal and the weight has stayed off, I don't weigh as I am now focused on routine and building muscles.
Remember, this journey is about progress, not perfection. God has entrusted our bodies to us to care for and I know for me, I needed a simple routine and some accountability to help me do it and this was it! You will find you have more strength and resilience than you thought you had.
Surround yourself with energy of our community, and let's do this together.
If you are looking for more info about the 11 Day Jumpstart itself,, you can grab it here : jump.micheledickerson.com
If you missed it, here's a recent blog about my One Year Review doing the 11 Day Jumpstart.
May you find joy, strength, and an unwavering connection with God as you take this courageous step toward a healthier and more vibrant life. Okay! Let's Do This!!!
PSST...Music helps a LOT! Create a playlist on Youtube or Spotify or wherever you steam from!! Find what makes you want to move!!!
In His love and grace,
If today's encouragement hugged your HEART today, let me know in the comments or meet me over
in my Facebook Sisterhood Community! Feel free to share this blog with a friend who needs a heart hug too!
This is how YOU get to hug my HEART back!
Heart Hugs and Blessings,